In order to maintain a pleasant experience for all visitors, ensure safety, and protect the natural resources and wildlife, we ask that the following rules be observed while visiting Lake Katherine Nature Center and Botanic Gardens. Your cooperation helps to keep the nature preserve the way it was meant to be! Enjoy your visit and come back soon.
132.47 PUBLIC USE OF LAKE KATHERINE NATURE CENTER AND BOTANIC GARDENS; CERTAIN ACTS PROHIBITED:
(A) It is unlawful for any person to:
(1) Introduce or remove any species of animal onto LKNCBG grounds, including all bodies of water onsite. Certain animals will be allowed for events and education programs when approved by the LKNCBG management. Exemption: Dog walking is allowed provided dogs are on a leash no longer than 10 feet. Dog walkers must possess and use a scooper or plastic bag to pick up and properly dispose dog waste material. All other pets are prohibited anywhere on the grounds.
(2) Introduce or remove any species of plant on to LKNCBG without prior permission from management.
(3) Feed, harass, hunt, or injure wildlife.
(4) Operate any motorized vehicle on LKNCBG property, except on approved roadways and parking lots. City personnel, and persons authorized by the City, may operate approved vehicles at the discretion of LKNCBG management.
(5) Remove, take, deface or destroy any property (manmade or natural), equipment sign, or building, except with permission from LKNCBG management.
(6) Set fires, except with permission from LKNCBG management.
(7) Ride bicycles, roller blade or skateboard except where posted.
(8) Discard, abandon, place or deposit, except in the containers provided, any wire, cans, bottles, glass, paper, trash, rubbish, garbage, cardboard, wood boxes, or other animal, vegetable, metal, or mineral materials or to dump any of the listed items on LKNCBG property.
(9) Remain on LKNCBG property immediately after sunset or before sunrise, except when authorized.
(10) Canoe or kayak, except when authorized.
(11) Fish (except when posted or during an event sponsored or approved by LKNCBG management).
(12) Swim or wade in any body of water except under the supervision of a LKNCBG management.
(13) Operate any toy watercraft on Lake Katherine.
(14) Picnic, except when posted.
(15) Possess, display or use any weapon or firearm, except police officers authorized to do so.
(16) Possess or consume illegal drugs.
(17) Possess or consume any alcoholic beverage except when covered by liquor liability insurance, and within set perimeters.
(18) Camp, play ball games, or fly kites except when sponsored by LKNCBG.
(19) To meet in groups of 15 or more without written permission from LKNCBG management.
(20) Take wedding or commercial photographs or videos without a permit issued by LKNCBG management.
Any person violating provisions of this section are subject to a fine of $250 for each violation.